Coal Preparation Society of India (CPSI)
Representing India’s commitment to Clean Coal to the world, Coal Preparation Society of India (CPSI) is a non-profit, non-government professional body having members from coal, power, iron and steel sectors and their allied industries. CPSI has been delicately promoting washing of high ash domestic coal to improve quality and enhance the calorific value, making it more suitable for use in High Efficiency Low Emission (HELE) power generating Systems. Such efforts will lead to more environment friendly usage of coal as a source of energy. It will therefore be a step which will facilitate fulfilling the countries commitment to decisions taken in COP 21.
Main Objectives of CPSI inter alia are;
- To act as a facilitator in policy formulation in coal beneficiation and preparation.
- To provide an effective network amongst coal producers, consumers, coal washery operators, technical and research organizations, venture capitalists both domestic and international.
- To provide an independent platform for deliberating important issues pertaining to technological, operational, financial, commercial and policy aspects of the Indian Coal Preparation Industry.
- To promote and encourage any new idea beneficial for India. Encourage international companies and professional global bodies to exchange information on demonstrated, prevalent state of art technologies relevant to Indian coal industry.
- India’s commitment to environment.
We welcome companies engaged in:
- Exploration, mining, washing, transportation, consumption and import of coal etc.
- Companies engaged in manufacturers of mining, material handling and coal processing equipment, mine planning & design services etc.
- Companies engaged in R & D, processing and conversion of minerals, metallurgy, oil & gas etc.
- Financial institutions, capital services and infrastructure companies and allied industries.
- Any other company which is a stake holder in coal related activities like clean coal technologies, gasification, coal bed methane, EIA studies, waste handling and processing etc.
CPSI is a member of the International Organizing Committee (IOC) of the International Coal Preparation Congress (ICPC) which is held once in three years. The International Organizing Committee (IOC) is a body on which so far 15 countries are represented through non-government organizations which deal in their respective countries with the issues relating to coal preparation. CPSI is a member of IOC representing India.
First ICPC was held in Paris in 1950. The 9th ICPC was held in New Delhi in the year 1982. The last ICPC, 18th in the series, was held in June 2016 in St Petersburg, Russia. As per the decision of the IOC the 19th ICPC will be held in New Delhi in 2019. India is getting this opportunity after 37 years.
CPSI is an Associate Member of the World Coal Association -a global industry association formed of major international coal producers and stakeholders and has bilateral relationship with IEA Clean Coal Centre, UK for promoting clean coal technologies for use in High Efficiency Low Emission (HELE) power generating Systems.
CPSI is a Member of ASSOCHAM and also an Associate Member of the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and has 58 large companies as the Corporate Members and a large number of individual members.
CPSI is registered under the Societies Registration Act, XXI of 1860 and its head office is located in New Delhi.